We are recruiting!
Salary £30,507 - £34,788 depending on experience
37 Hours per week
Fair Oak, Eastleigh
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join our team of 13 employees. This is a senior role within our organisation.
Fair Oak & Horton Heath Parish Council is an expanding Council with exciting opportunities and challenges on the horizon, largely through the expansion of the area as a result of the local plan. The Parish Council is the first tier of local government responsible for the provision of play areas, public open space, allotment sites, community centres and much more. The Parish Council prides itself on the quality of the service provision and wishes to maintain that high standard as the authority grows.
Role and Responsibilities Overview
The Operations Manager will have responsibility for the delivery of operational services by the Parish Council covering a variety of areas & managing a group of employees working in grounds maintenance and caretaking as well as working alongside external contractors. The Operations Manager is a senior role within the staffing structure, reporting direct to the Parish Clerk, and is expected to be public-facing, dealing professionally and appropriately with residents and other stakeholders. Bringing experience of managing people, properties and public open space. They will provide advice to the Clerk to maintain and improve services within the Parish.
- Procurement of services as required or directed by the Clerk/Councillors
- Management of maintenance and service contracts
- Ensuring that the Council complies with relevant regulatory requirements
- Management of operation service within defined budgets
- Line management of 3 grounds staff, 3 caretakers and external contractors
- Liaison with community groups, stakeholders and contractors
- Reactive property maintenance and asset management of various council owned buildings
Key Requirements of the successful candidate
The Operations Manager will be an experienced people and services manager, with a straightforward attitude to service delivery and a positive, solution-focused approach. They will know how to get the best out of their employees and resources, working alongside the Clerk to achieve the best possible outcomes for this rapidly-expanding Parish. They will constructively engage in discussion, while preserving political impartiality required in a public servant. A good communicator, with excellent I.T skills, they will be able to work well with stakeholders and employees, and to handle day-to-day requirements of a senior manager role.
Qualifications and Experience
- Recognised management qualification or equivalent experience in a similar environment
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of asset management including relevant health and safety regulations
- Experience of managing outsourced contracts
- Experience of managing a budget within defined parameters
We offer 25 days annual leave, plus two extra statutory days and public holidays, increasing by 4 days after four years continuous service.
An application form and person specification can be found here and here. CV’s will not be accepted. Completed applications forms must be sent to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm on Thursday 25 April 2019.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 7 May 2019.
We look forward to hearing from you.